Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day 4

Well what an amazing day for our friends getting married. Words and picture can't really do the day justice. The venue was amazing, the ceremony was beautiful as was the bride and the bridal party. The day also gave us an opportunity to catch up with our other friends that were staying in another resort.

Before I continue I would just like to send out a warm and loving thank you to Rae and Josh for making us a part of their day, it is one I will remember forever.

Meghan and I decided that a walk before breakfast was a good idea so we headed out to the beach, there was a particular rock I wanted to get some pictures on top of though in hind sight I thought it was much bigger than it actually was.

Setup shots to make sure the pictures would come out.



Searching pose


Rocky pose


Strong pose


Thai chi pose on a rock in Thailand, fitting no?


Breakfast was very tasty as it has been but decided to miss the omelette, was a little over it. The day had a couple of check points the first of which was Kelly was being picked up from our resort to be taken to another resort to have the day with the bridal party getting tarted up. We organised her taxi for 10:30am which it arrived at sharp.

The second check point left Meghan and I with time to kill until 3:45pm. First a swim was in order for me while Meghan went with friends to get her feet and nails done. I then wanted to get some laundry done so rounded everything up and went down the road. 270 baht for 2 loads of washing ($10) not too bad and they got it back to us in 3 hours.

I had also sent my 3 button up shirts away yesterday with the promise that they would be back at the resort by 10:00am, around 11am they delivered them to our room, was very impressed.

Went to a local place and had pad thai with an egg "cover", was delicious.

I wanted to get a massage but my first experience was a little rough so I tried another place where they did Swiss massage, more for relaxation rather than deep tissue like Thai massage. I fell asleep during it but jerked awake when my head was turned over, it was superb.

Was walking back from my massage and found this random stone carving in a side wall.


Kelly sent through an update on her make up and hair progress ... gorgeous.


Who is that dapper MC ... oh it's me. I bought a suit with me but I was instructed not to wear the jacket and tie as it was a smart casual beach wedding. I am glad I didn't wear it, it was boiling in the sun.


The motley crew assembled at 3:45pm to travel to the wedding venue.


The wedding alter setup complete.


Panoramic of the beach.


Hmm, thought this was a wedding not a demolition site. The setup for the remotely activated fireworks.


All ready for the ceremony.


The exchanging of the rings, a few tears were shed by all.


All done, Mr and Mrs Poysden!


We got an opportunity to congratulate the new married couple.


Here our beautiful friends Mike, Toni and Vagas the travel mascot.


The bridal party.


There is a thai tradition called the planting of the love tree. It symbolises the new marriage and the growth of the couple. As the roots grow it is said so does the love of the couple.


They also had to "raise the marriage" flag which was a great excuse for more photos.


Let the dancing begin! What is it with girls and dancing?



Best wedding cake ever! Tiramisu!! I think in the end I devoured 6 cups and 1 of the large slices on the top, very moreish.


And of course, tropical fruit, we are in Thailand after all.


Action shot! The girl in the pink dress on the left caught it, there were a few married and engaged woman in the group to bolster numbers and make it more interesting.


The last dance. This was a beautiful moment for the newly wedded couple to finish off the night in the spot light.


In summary it was an amazing day, very humbled to been involved. I think I did a credible job of MC though most of the work was done by the wedding planners so it was a breeze.












No comments:

Post a Comment