Friday, July 11, 2014

Day 8

Not too many words today, just some beautiful images, can anyone guess where our adventure had taken us today?


Suffice it to say, I have experienced more culture and history in one day than I have in my life time so far and come to realise how unworldly I am, a fact that will change once this holiday is over. It was mind blowing. Although I could never truly appreciate the history as it would take a life time to read about, just the feel from objects that were over 1000 years old made me speechless.



The lady herself.



Perhaps not the best T shirt to wear ...

This shows you the enormity of some of the works of art.


There are some amazing people in the world.





Anyone see the Da Vinci Code?






Think I would fit in?




Venus de Milo, she was beautiful.


Winged Victory of Samothrace, this beautiful statue was placed in the harbour of a Greek Isle and was mounted originally on a stone ships bow and was used to bring luck to those sailing on the sea. It was damaged over 100s of years and earth quakes so they took a mould of the rigt wing and replaced the left so it was more complete.


Neapolitan III suites, the decadence!



One for you Louise!


Expense floor rug.


There were a 1000 more pictures and things to comment on but no time to convey it. I. Might out up an additional post later.





















No comments:

Post a Comment