Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 6

The day started a little stressful for me. I had set the alarm for 6:20am for a 7am pick up to go to the airport but realised that I had not left any time for checkout which usually takes 10-20 minutes so I tossed and turned from about 5am until 6. Luckily I did get up early because they had issues with the eftpos machine and had to ring in a tech who arrived on motor bike bleary eyed.

Once I had sorted that I returned to the room to do some final packing to realise that Meghan's flight was an hour earlier than ours (which she says she had communicated to me so my bad). The guy at the front said that the drive to the airport was going to take 45 minutes so I was really worried we would be late for Meg to check in.

As usual all my worries were for nothing as the taxi arrived early and it only took 20 minutes so Meg had plenty of time to check in. We said our goodbyes as she headed off to another terminal, her destinations were Bangkok, Frankfurt then onto Ireland.

Rhys, Yvette, Kelly and I checked in with no issues, it was extremely quick in fact.

We thought we should get something to eat and drink.


Now you may be asking, why am I taking pictures of coffee. If you know me well enough then you will know that coffee is a big part of my life. The day we left Brisbane, I did a take away coffee run to my favourite cafe, Espresso House Winsor (https://www.facebook.com/EspressoHouseWindsor). The owners Michelle and Rob are 2 wonderful people that I see often after a ride, they make some of the nicest coffee going around on the north side. I had been telling them about the trip for a while so they said to come in on the day we leave and they would shout us some coffee (thanks guys!!). I also said that I would send them a picture of the coffee's I buy overseas with a rating on the "Windsor Scale". Hence the picture above.

We went through immigration which again was a breeze and headed to our terminal and as always the first thought was to find some free wifi. :)

We had about a 1.5 hour wait so just lounged around the terminal, Kelly found a very comfy spot indeed.



The plane boarding was getting close so we thought we would go for a travel stop to the rest rooms, it is certainly I not a habit of mine to take pictures in the loos but thought the view was pretty interesting. :)



Ko Samui airport is not very enclosed so we had to take a golf cart out to the plane, a wind swept trip but more pleasant than walking 3kms.


The flight was uneventful and very quick, we ended up in Singapore airport and after going through immigration we signed up for a free tour of the city (thanks again Rhys and Yvette, great idea) to get us out for a couple of hours as we had a 12 hours stop over.

On the way to the photo spot, the only stop the tour guide said we would be getting out for but only if it wasn't raining, we saw the eye of Singapore.


The photo stop had some cool statues, fountains and the view of some amazing buildings.

Here is Kelly taking a picture of me taking a picture, hers was better so I chucked mine. :)




Can you see what is at the top of the building behind me?

You have got it, a ship! Apparently it costs $20 to get to the observation deck and boasts the biggest infinity pool in the world.



This is me and Rhys sulking, can you guess why?




We were running short on snacks so I thought I would pick some.



The tour guide threatened that if weren't back on the dot of 3:15pm that we would have to find our own way back to the airport at our expense (and she meant it) this was a rushed shot before we boarded the bus again 1 minute early.


This was a building we saw on the way back to the airport, amazing detail.


Singapore airport is one of the most amazing airports I have ever been in, it has so many things to see and do, if there was any place I would like to be "stuck" for 12 hours, this would be it.

The sunflower garden on the roof.


We really did need to stock up on snacks for the 14 hour flight so I sat with my friends while Kelly paid.


The airport also has it's very own butterfly enclosure, this was a picture Rhys took when it was light.


So as I mentioned yesterday I would be picking up an adapter for my iPad so that I could start downloading the video footage I had on the go pro I have on loan, though it is now on my list to buy, shhh don't tell the wife ... oops. :)

Here are my first 2 attempts (please done judge too harshly) I was just getting use to the tools. I have some footage from the wedding that I will edit when I have a little more time on my hands.

This first one is a walk through the resort in Ko Samui http://youtu.be/gJsIzJRyRUg (make sure you have it at 720p quality).

This second one is the live fish in a water feature at the Singapore airport http://youtu.be/wJZO2QtEUIY (again watch the quality as it defaults to crappy).

Here is a last minute find as we were waiting to get into our gate


Well that is about it for today, we are an hour away from boarding our flight to Paris and am getting nervous and excited all at the same time. Tomorrow will be a big day, the first pictures ever in Paris. :)

Stay tuned.















No comments:

Post a Comment