Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 5

After a brilliant day yesterday we had a little sleep in. Rhys and Yvette (the two we are travelling to Paris with on the 10th of July) were going to go on a snorkelling tour but it got cancelled as the weather turned a little sour, too much wind ie swell.

Just an aside I have to say that this iPad mini I have been blogging on has been the best purchase I have made in a very long time. I also have video footage which I will get off the go pro that I have with me (thanks Joel). When I get the right adapter (in Singapore airport tomorrow) I should be able to upload that too once I have edited it in iMovie to make it special. 😊

Kelly decided at breakfast to take a morning after selfie complete with effect, as always she looks as beautiful as ever.


Today was going to be another quite one as we gear up for our burn around Europe. Here is the last banana shake I'll have in Thailand, they have been awesome.


While Kelly went off for a manicure and pedicure Meg and I sat around at the beach. She read and I just dabbled, organised a taxi for 7 o'clock tomorrow morning for our 9:55am flight to Singapore as well as getting another load of laundry done, I am liking this cheap domestic work, will miss it when we leave to Europe then home. Once Kelly and I got back we broke for lunch around 2pm.

We had a friend join us at lunch.


Today's random picture was sent by Andrew to help us get into the spirit of Le Tour de France, 1940s, very cool.


So after lunch I decided to get my last massage of our trip so went off to do that then get the laundry. When I returned 2 hours later the crew I left at the lunch table were still there having ordered a bunch of cocktails as it was happy hour. For those interested happy hour here goes from 12pm to 5pm, now that is what I call a happy hour. :)

Can anyone guess what this is (except you Susan), what shape do you see?


So the cocktails stopped as we discussed dinner so Mike turned medic and helped get Kelly back to the room so we could get ready for our 7pm dinner appointment (disclaimer, this could have been staged). :)


We regrouped at 7pm and started down the street for dinner, only to be stopped by this spectacle outside the local girly bar.


Here you see a staff member (middle left most person) shepherding people away from the red strip on the ground.



After watching (and nearly been defended by) the fire crackers, which were obviously a crowd pulling exercise, we headed to our destination for dinner. This was the same place we went to the other night where I had the fried rice "in" a pineapple. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Ko Samui, the service was also excellent.



I found this little gem at the back of the restaurant, amazing what you find when you look around.


This was a fish in the pond out the front, it doesn't give you a good gauge of size but it was 3/4 of a meter long.


After dinner there was the last of our baht to spend though we didn't walk away with much.


We found this cute little guy, boxed and all and asked "how much for the little children" (you get points if you know the reference). :)
 

This one was for Meg, a random turtle.


One of the things that was bought from the market was 5 fire lanterns (thanks Mike). We asked the resort if we could set them off so they sent security who helped.


Had flash issues with the last picture, the lanterns were gone almost in an instant and they were hard to control even though there wasn't much wind, so not many photos.
























No comments:

Post a Comment